July 1, 2011

Week 26 - Statue of Munnerty

SOLD!


It's 4th of July weekend and you know what that means!!! Fireworks! Grillin'! MACARONI SALAD!!! (man, I love me some macaroni salad) and, I'm sure, some other things that don't involve food or shooting explosives into the sky. (errr... I mean, trying to protect our crops from birds and insects... am I right people who sell fireworks out of tents? wink wink)

This week's Munny is more than meets the eye! No, it doesn't transform, it lights up. Seriously! The torch of the Statue of Munnerty lights up! How cool is that? (don't just trust me... check out the picture below)

You know, I think I have actually been inside the Statue of Liberty. I couldn't have been very old, but I have a very foggy memory of climbing up a heck of a lot of winding stairs to the top of the crown. I guess I'll have to ask my parents about THAT one.

Edit: a quote from an e-mail from my father minutes after posting this post - "OMG...you scared me almost speechless. As we were on our way back down you kept walking out of the stairwell onto these platforms where falling to the base of the statue was only prevented by a slack chain." He also mentioned that he was carrying my cousin in a backpack... and she is only 2 years younger than me, so I couldn't have been more than 4 or 5 years old.

The next Munny is due on Friday, July 8... but I'm going to be in the nations capitol for a work conference... so you can bet that it will be a little bit early. You're excited... admit it! If you have an idea for a Munny customization YOU would like to see, leave a comment below or shoot me an e-mail to gbowdler@gmail.com.


      

Jump to the MUNNDEX.

1 comment:

  1. THIS IS AWESOME!!!

    And I LOVE the pictures and explanation behind it! As artists, I think we forget that other people don't necessarily know how we do things, OR how much work goes in to the things we make!

    Great work, man!

    P.S. HOT GLUE?!?! GENIUS!! :-D

    ReplyDelete