July 22, 2011

Week 29 - "Cello... is it me you're looking for?"

SOLD!


It's Nostalgia Week here on the Munny A Week 2011 blog. I spent a lot of time this past week thinking about the last 28 years of my life and a lot of fond memories can flooding back into my head. 


I was browsing YouTube when I randomly happened upon this video. It made me remember how freaking awesome the cello was and made me miss the years I spent playing it. If you don't know me, then you don't know that I started playing musical instruments at a young age. I want to say that I was 4 or 5 years old when I started to play the violin. At the age of 10 I switched over to the cello. (I was trained using the Suzuki method, which you can read more about here... but to me, it meant I had to play standing up... with proper violin-playing posture. Switching over to cello meant I finally got to sit down.) I played the cello up until I graduated from high school at 18... and haven't touched one since.

There are definitely parts of me now that wish I practiced a bit harder as a child and that I didn't give it up when I came down to college. There were just so many other things I was interested in back then, that practicing on my own often took a back-seat to the hundreds of other activities I was involved in. Maybe I'll pick it up again someday. Hopefully its partially like riding a bike.

The next Munny will be posted on Friday, July 29th. If there is a Munny customization you would like to see, leave a comment below or shoot me an e-mail at gbowdler@gmail.com.

      

Jump to the MUNNDEX.

1 comment: