April 15, 2011

Week 15 - Insomunnya Solver

SOLD!


Have you ever had one of those nights when you just can’t fall asleep? No matter what you do, you can’t drift off. You end up lying in bed for hours staring at the ceiling, hating yourself as the clock ticks closer and closer to the alarm going off. For me, those nights happen frequently.

I’ve always been a bit of a thinker (notice I didn’t say intellectual… things I think about are rarely of any importance) I can lay in bed for hours thinking about the most mundane or oddball things only to realize it’s now 3 a.m. That tends to be the cause of my insomnia. The other night I tried something drastic. For the first time ever, I was going to switch my brain from thinking about stuff to thinking about sheep… jumping over a fence. That’s right. I was going to count sheep. And then it hit me…

As I lay there at 3 a.m., I realized, I had no idea what a sheep looked like. I know what you are thinking. Everyone and their mother have seen sheep in their life, or in pictures, or on television, etc. and don’t get me wrong… I have too. But, In that moment, for the life of me, I could not form the image of a sheep in my head. That first sheep never came to me. I lay there until my alarm sounded thinking of an imaginary fence in the middle of an imaginary field… it was horrible. The next day I set out to mend that problem by actually creating my own counting sheep… and tahdah! I present this week’s Munny!

The next Munny will be posted on Friday, April 22, 2011. If you have any ideas for a Munny you would like to see, post a comment here or send me an e-mail at gbowdler@gmail.com.


      

Jump to the MUNNDEX.


No comments:

Post a Comment