February 4, 2011

Week 5 - Munna Lisa

SOLD!



I decided to take a slightly different approach this week with the Munny a Week project. (Trust me, with 47 Munnys left to go, sometimes I have to switch things up to keep my mind happy.) I decided to interpret some classic art with a munny twist. (besides... imagine how many of these i could get away with... anybody thinking of their favorite artists? Vinnie van Gogh? Warhol? anybody?)

"Hey! That's not art!" hisses an old art teacher of mine who shoud probably remain nameless. (but I probably don't have the will power to resist)

"Yes, Mrs. Crawford. (whoops!) It is," I explain. "You see... if you turn the little guy around, you will realize that he is more than just holding the masterpiece... he is actually part of it. I don't care if everything looks a bit cartoony. Cartoonists are artists too! WHY are you making me draw a picture of my father from the early '80s giving my dog a bath with pastel briquettes anyway!? Who the heck are you to judge WHAT art is!!!? You're JUST a high school art teacher - some day I'm gonna be famous... you'll see. THEN you'll eat your words!!! $%!@!!"

::: End Scene :::

The next VERY special Valentine's Day Munny will be posted on Friday, February 11th. If you have any ideas for a Munny you would like to see, post a comment here or send me an e-mail at gbowdler@gmail.com.


      

Jump to the MUNNDEX.

No comments:

Post a Comment