January 7, 2011

Week 1 - CowBoy

SOLD!


Well, Peeps. I want to wish you all a very happy start to 2011 and kick off this project with Week 1's Munny, "CowBoy." I spent the last week of 2010 in a small town in Western New York. Most of my trip was spent in the house where my mother grew up on a dairy farm. A frigid dairy farm.

My grandfather was that dairy farmer and I remember as a child when we would go visit my g'rents on the farm and run up and down the aisle of the milking house with my cousins trying to avoid the steaming piles of cow poo. The things i saw, felt, and unfortunately smelled were a lot to take in to my little suburban head.

As time went on, after the passing of my grandfather, my farmer family moved on from dairy to the "organic feed" market. My Mother and father moved back into the house she grew up in and I moved 1000 miles away to enjoy a much warmer, urban environment. This week, though, I'm bringing it back to the farm with my first munny of the year.

CowBoy was created using Sculpey clay and acrylic paint. Hope you enjoy!

The next Munny will be posted on Friday, January 14th. If you have any ideas of Munnys you would like me to customize, drop me a line in the comments or e-mail me at gbowdler@gmail.com.



Jump to the MUNNDEX.

No comments:

Post a Comment